Even though it took a long time to get here, the summer weather is finally in full-force! One of the best parts of living in New Jersey is we live so close to the beach, so we can spend our summers soaking up the sun. However, spending a large amount of time in the sun, especially without sunscreen, can do a lot of damage to your skin, including uneven pigmentation, wrinkles, lesions, freckles, discoloration, visible blood vessels, and sagging.
If you are guilty of using tanning oil, jumping in a tanning bed, or forgoing the sunscreen, you can probably already see the damage you’ve done to your skin over the years. Now is the time to start taking care of your skin and reversing the visible damage! As a medical spa in New Jersey, we offer several treatments to address the many types of sun damage, usually in no more than three sessions. Here are five great procedures for making your skin look younger by reversing sun damage:
- Laser Genesis – a noninvasive procedure that removes fine lines, wrinkles, and redness, Laser Genesis stimulates the production of collagen, bringing out youthful, glowing skin. In just four to five treatments, you can eliminate the imperfections and sun damage on your skin.
- LimeLight Facial – used on the face and neck, the LimeLight Facial treats redness, vein visibility, brown spots, and sun damage. Treatments may sting a little, but they are an excellent way to treat more severe damage. In two to three treatments, damage will flake off, leaving your skin looking smoother.
- Microneedling – using tiny needles to penetrate your skin, microneedling causes bleeding deep within the skin to trigger your skin’s healing process. This boosts collagen production to eliminate dark spots, uneven pigmentation, and other types of sun damage. This procedure is most effective for discoloration issues.
- Pearl Fractional Laser – say goodbye to sun damaged skin in just one treatment. After applying topical anesthetic cream, the fractional laser exposes the skin to a laser beam of very tiny dots to pulse small holes in the skin. This removes sections of damaged tissue and boosts collagen production, removing fine lines and sagging skin.
- PICO Genesis – this procedure addresses skin pigmentation issues related to sun damage. Using short pulses, PICO Genesis eliminates build up of pigments without causing more damage to the skin. In as few as two treatments, your pigmentation and discoloration issues will disappear, and you’ll be left with clear, bright skin.
While these procedures are excellent for reversing sun damage on your face, they are only effective if you start taking care of your skin! These treatments should be coupled with wearing a hat, applying sunscreen, or staying in shade during the summer. Come see us at our medical spa in New Jersey, receive one of these procedures, and then maximize your investment by protecting your skin. Book an appointment online here or by calling 856-809-0909. To see if we are offering specials on any of these treatments, check out our specials page.